Posts Tagged: ally carter
(From Ally Carter’s newsletter)
T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST!
It’s official! We’re having a contest for you—the Gallagher Girls and Guys of the world—to design t-shirts to celebrate the books.
If you’d like to try your hand, please read these rules in their entirety. Entries that do not comply with the contest rules will not be considered.
If you have questions regarding the contest rules, please consult a parent, guardian, or teacher. If your parent, guardian, or teacher agrees that your question is not answered by the rules, please email me for clarification at ally (at sign) allycarter.com.
Please DO NOT email questions to the contest entry email address.
Please send your entry, your name, your date of birth, and your email address to AllyCarterContest (at sign) gmail.com by midnight April 21, 2008.
- Entrants must be under 21 years of age on the date that contest entries are due.
- All designs must be original artwork (no clipart, photographs to which you do not own the copyright, etc.).
- All designs must relate to the Gallagher Girl series (either book).
- Designs may use lines or themes from the book, but should not directly copy any cover art elements.
- Collaborative efforts are allowed, but prizes must be shared among the members of the winning team.
- A parent or guardian may assist, but you must do the majority of the work.
- Designs will be judged based on concept, execution, and the ability for the designs to duplicate well.
- Designs must be sent as either pdf or jpeg files. (Entries may be created in any software program or with pen/paper, but files MUST be scanned or saved in either pdf or jpeg format before they are sent to us.)
- You will be submitting designs only—no need to make actual t-shirts. Those will come later.
- You may submit a maximum of TWO entries.
- Designs can be for front, or back, or front and back. Note that preference may be given to designs that are one-sided since they will be less expensive to produce and purchase.
An important note:
The winning design may be used in a number of ways to help promote the Gallagher Girls series. By entering this contest you give up the copyright to your artwork (meaning you can’t sue us if we use it because…well…using it is kind of the purpose.)
If you’ve read and understood these rules and feel up to a challenge, then start designing!
The winner will receive a great prize (to be announced later).
The winning design will be featured on t-shirts (and possibly other merchandise) that will be sold on cafepress.com.
All proceeds from t-shirt sales will be used for prizes for future contests on AllyCarter.com.
Thanks, and good luck!