Absentee ballots for already registered voters will be available soon from the Cook County Clerk. Mail Ballot applications will be accepted from February 9, 2012 to March 15, 2012 for the March 20, 2012 Presidential Primary Election.
March 20, 2012 Presidential Primary Key Dates:
2/9/2012 First day absentee ballot applications are accepted
· 2/21/2012 Last day to register to vote
· 2/22/2012 First day of grace period registration and voting
· 2/27/2012 First day of Early Voting
· 3/13/2012 Last day of grace period registration and voting
· 3/15/2012 Last day of Early Voting
· 3/15/2012 Last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot, including military and overseas voters.
3/16/2012 In-person absentee voting begins at the Clerk’s downtown Chicago office and five suburban courthouse mini-centers
· 3/19/2012 Last day voted mail-in absentee ballots can be postmarked for acceptance by the Clerk’s office
· Last day of in-person absentee voting at the Clerk’s downtown Chicago office and five suburban courthouse mini-centers.
3/20/2012 Election Day
You can register to vote at the Niles Public Library. You can verify if you are registered at Your Voter Information
, where you can also find your polling place and see a sample ballot.